8-inch Two-Way Ceiling Speaker
The PC8.2 (8-inch two-way) is designed to be the most advanced ceiling speaker available today, with superior performance across every detail. Each self-contained unit features a dedicated compression driver for enhanced high-frequency performance and coverage control in comparison to current EVID ceiling speaker offerings. Simplified wiring and innovative new integrated mounting hardware allows for quicker installation into a wide range of ceiling cavities and construction formats. The model adds increased power handling (100 W), higher output (113 dB / 114 dB), and wider coverage angles (120˚ / 105˚) to the user-friendly installation and low-profile looks that contractors expect from EVID products, complimenting the range as a new, high-end option. Ideal for retail spaces, restaurants, theater and stadium concourses, shopping malls, and a wide range of applications where premium-quality distributed audio is required.
- High-performance EV-engineered compression driver. Ultra-wide HF dispersion provides extremely even coverage through room.
- High-excursion woofer provides dramatic low-end frequency extension. Reinforced steel back can provides rigid enclosure to minimize acoustic loss.
- Four-point clamp mechanism and integrated mounting legs enable quick ceiling installation.
- Detachable pass-thru Phoenix-style signal connections simplify installation wiring. Tap selector with 8Ω / 70 V / 100 V operation.
- Fully reinforced ABS UL-rated baffle ensures long life. Fully compliant with EN 54 (pending), UL 1480, and 2043 standards.
|Coverage (Nominal -6 dB)||100°|
|Cutout Size||11.59" (294.3 mm)|
|Diameter (Max)||12.87" (327 mm)|
|Frequency Range||40 - 20kHz|
|Mounting Systems||C ring, tile bridge|
|Regulatory Approvals||UL1480, 2043; EN54; CE|
|Transformer Taps (Transformer Version Only)||70V: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W, 8 ohm, 100V: 60W, 30W, 15W, 8 ohm|
|Sensitivity 1 W/1 m||88 dB|
|Max. SPL/1m (calc)||108 db avg, 114 pk dB|
|LF Transducer||200 mm (8 in)|
|HF Power Handling||200W program, 100W pink noise Watts|
|HF Transducer||35 mm compression driver|
|Connector Type||Removable locking 4-Pin (Phoenix) 12AWG (2.5 mm) max wire size|
|Enclosure Material||ABS plastic (UL94V-0) baffle, steel back can|
|Grill||Color-matched steel grille with fabric|
|Height||12.76" (324 mm)|
|Weight Net||8 kg (17.64 lbs)|
|Shipping Weight||20.23 kg (44.6 lbs)|
may be shown
may be shown
Hover over image to zoom
Click image for full size
Complete the System:
News & Media
Check out more News & Media content