Bosch Communications Systems announces IRIS-Net V2.0
Bosch Communications Systems is pleased to announce the release of IRIS-Net V2.0. Since its debut in 2002, IRIS-Net has set new standards as a unified software package supporting DSP design, device control, custom user interface creation, and system integration spanning multiple Bosch Communications Systems brands.
Used in thousands of the most high-profile and cutting-edge live, touring, and installed applications around the world, IRIS-Net has received rave reviews from users about its ease of use, flexibility and power. IRIS-Net V2.0 continues to expand IRIS-Net’s impressive array of features by adding new devices such as EV REV Wireless Microphones.
IRIS-Net V2.0 also brings FIR-Drive technology front and center. EV’s FIR-Drive combines transducer development, state-of-the-art FIR processing, and optimized DSP protection algorithms to create a holistic approach to system development. Electro-Voice has created the most revolutionary technology platform on the market by combining in-house expertise from every area of R&D into its system solutions.
IRIS-Net V2.0 provides additional FIR-Drive controllers, a new Peak Anticipation limiter, and brand-new speaker settings for EV concert sound products to take sound and performance to a whole new level.
The latest version of IRIS-Net also includes the following features and additions:
Software Additions and Enhancements
- Enhanced software installation process for improved compatibility with Windows Vista.
- Selection of brands and/or devices possible via new Device Options dialog (Dialog is automatically shown when IRIS-Net is started the first time).
- Support of .PNG and .JPEG file formats for use in Controls, User Controls and project graphics.
- A completely restructured Help System now formatted as a User Manual in PDF format.
- Modified Object List for easier use and navigation.
NetMax Additions and Enhancements
- DSP block FIR Controller (mono and stereo version) containing complete DSP structure of an RCM-26 output channel. Use of all current RCM-26 speaker settings is possible.
- The Electro-Voice N8000 System Controller now also supports the following remote amplifiers when using the RCM-810 remote control module: Electro-Voice CPS series amplifiers (CPS2.4, CPS2.6, CPS2.9, CPS2.12, CPS4.5, CPS4.10 and CPS8.5)
- DSP block Loudspeaker Controller now uses Peak Anticipation Limiter instead of RCM Limiter.
- Password protection of DSP blocks possible via context menu.
- Non-Administrator users are no longer able to edit the DSP structure.
Other Hardware Additions and Enhancements
- New device Electro-Voice REV (UHF wireless microphone system) is available (Currently the REV receivers can only be connected to the PC using a UCC1).
- Peak Anticipation limiter available for RCM-26 amplifiers (firmware update of RCM-26 to version V1.13 required), fully compatible with existing speaker settings.
- New Speaker Settings (including FIR filter settings) and Speaker Files for Electro-Voice and Dynacord speakers (check directory “Speaker Settings/Electro-Voice“ or “Speaker Settings/Dynacord“ for details).
Please see the IRIS-Net Read Me file for a complete list of additions, enhancements, and bug fixes.
IRIS-Net V2.0 is currently available for download at:
Processor: Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or equivalent (more is recommended)
OS: Windows 2000, XP, or Vista (32-bit versions only)
RAM: 512 MB (more is recommended)
Hard Disk: 300MB of free space
Video: 1024x768, High Color (16-bit)
Network: Ethernet port and/or 1 USB port per 100 amplifiers
IRIS V2.0 010.jpg [1.2MB]
Rodeo Houston 2008 11 .jpg [1.7MB]
IRIS V2.0 009.jpg [957 kB]
IRIS V2.0 008.jpg [997 kB]
Rodeo Houston 2008 07 .jpg [2.8MB]
IRIS V2.0 007.jpg [1.1MB]
IRIS V2.0 006.jpg [1.1MB]
IRIS V2.0 005.jpg [1.2MB]
IRIS V2.0 004.jpg [1.7MB]
IRIS V2.0 003.jpg [824 kB]
IRIS V2.0 002.jpg [1.6MB]
NetMax N8000-1500 01.jpg [4.2MB]
IRIS V2.0 001.jpg [1.7MB]
Rodeo Houston 2008 10 .jpg [2MB]