Electro-Voice previews next generation X-Line line-array loudspeakers at InfoComm 2014
June 18th, 2014
- The next generation of line-array loudspeakers from EV offer an unprecedented performance-to-size ratio for installed and concert sound applications
- Advanced audio quality and control via a host of new EV-engineered technologies, including improved Hydra wave-shaping devices, high-output transducers, and proprietary FIR-Drive optimization
- New-look EV industrial design and innovative new Integrated Rigging System offer streamlined appearance and simplified setup
Las Vegas, NV, June 18, 2014: Electro-Voice is pleased to announce the first preview of the next generation of its legendary X-Line line-array loudspeaker family at InfoComm 2014. The new models mark a dynamic step forward in EV’s 85-year tradition of industry-leading innovation, offering a new range of breakthrough components that work together to surpass the performance of other leading line arrays – all in a significantly more compact, flexible, and faster-to-set-up package.
Two models will be launched later this year: X1 and X2. The X1 will be on display at InfoComm (booth C9708) and demonstrated in the EV Demo Room (N109).
WATCH THE VIDEO
Model X1: compact 12” vertical line-array loudspeaker system
The new X1 system combines innovative new technologies and features with compact design, enabling its use in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Small and mid-sized houses of worship
- Local and regional rental companies
- Corporate events
- Clubs and entertainment venues
- Mid-Band Hydra (MBH) for superior box coupling
- Wavefront-Shaping Circular Hydra (WCH) for extended linear HF performance
- Integrated Rigging System for quick setup
Model X2: High-performance compact 12” vertical line-array loudspeaker system
The new X2 system provides high SPL capability, extended HF response, and linear LF output for more performance than previously possible in an extremely compact cabinet. The X2 delivers the SPL, bandwidth, and coverage needed for demanding applications, including:
- Large houses of worship
- Concert and tour sound events
- Sports venues
- Theaters and performing arts venues
- DVN3125 12” neodymium woofer – higher output, lower distortion
- Advanced High-Frequency Hydra for controlled linear HF performance
X1 & X2: Additional key features
- EV-designed and manufactured components.
- Proprietary FIR-Drive performance optimization.
- Input panels provide dual Neutrik™ NL8 connectors for fast connectivity between loudspeakers.
- LAPS (Line Array Prediction Software) – accurately provides fast array configuration, rigging details, and coverage results. Also provides information for the creation of steered/shaped subwoofer arrays.
- Streamlined styling for both live performance and any installation environment.
- Passive/bi-amp operation, selected via an internal connector (X1 only).
Designed, engineered, and tested for ultimate reliability by Electro-Voice in the USA.