Electro-Voice Introduces ETX Powered Loudspeakers to the pro AV marketplace at InfoComm 2014
June 18, 2014
- The next generation of professional powered loudspeakers from Electro-Voice, designed for portable and installed applications
- A breakthrough combination of intelligent technology and innovative design delivers superior power and performance
- Unique features include a single-knob DSP interface with LCD, FIR-Drive performance optimization, and Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design
“State-of-the-art components deliver the legendary EV sound quality and reliability the pros trust”
A versatile choice for live entertainment venues, houses of worship, and rental companies, the ETX Powered Loudspeaker family features technologies from EV concert/touring systems. EV-engineered high-efficiency transducers and high-powered Class-D amplifiers, Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design, and FIR-Drive DSP all work together to provide excellent sound quality and precise coverage at the highest SPLs.
Three two-way models (10-inch, 12-inch, and 15-inch, all with a precision HF titanium compression driver), a three-way model (15-inch with a 6.5-inch MF driver and a precision HF titanium compression driver), and two subs (15-inch and 18-inch drivers) are available.Intelligent technology, innovative design
- EV’s FIR-Drive utilizes the latest Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter technology to optimize transducer linearity. Advanced limiter algorithms for independent peak and thermal transducer protection.
- Complete full-function DSP control via a single-knob interface. LCD screen for easy system set-up and monitoring: location/application EQ presets (e.g. tripod, mounted, suspended, live, music, speech), limiter status, input level controls/meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure. Parametric EQ allows for more precise configuration. Subs feature a preset for true cardioid performance.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage across all system configurations. Waveguides are custom-designed and optimized per model.
- State-of-the-art components deliver the legendary EV sound quality and reliability the pros trust: 1800 W (subs) and 2000 W (full-range) Class-D power amplifiers with integrated DSP produce high SPLs utilizing high-sensitivity, low-distortion transducers (including DVX and SMX series woofers and precision DH3-B HF titanium compression drivers).
- Ergonomic, durable, and compact 18-mm, 13-ply birch plywood enclosure finished with EVCoat. Eight mounting points for permanent installations (full-range models). Custom die-cast aluminum pole cups, handles and hardware.