BRAINPOWER: Electro-Voice Introduces ETX Powered Loudspeakers at NAMM 2014
January 23, 2014
- The next generation of professional portable powered loudspeakers from Electro-Voice
- A breakthrough combination of Brains (intelligent technology, innovative design) and Power (performance beyond the reach of the competition)
- Unique features include a single-knob DSP interface with LCD, FIR-Drive performance optimization and Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design
Anaheim, Cal., Jan. 23, 2014:Launching globally at NAMM 2014, the new ETX Powered Loudspeaker family builds upon the industry-leading innovation and 85-year heritage of Electro-Voice audio engineering to offer the most advanced professional portable powered loudspeakers available today.
“The ETX Powered Loudspeaker family will ship in Spring 2014.”
A versatile high-end choice for live entertainment venues, rental companies, pro musicians and DJs, and installed sound, the ETX Powered Loudspeaker family offers technologies from EV concert/touring systems. Three two-way models (10-inch, 12-inch and 15-inch, all with a precision HF titanium compression driver), a three-way model (15-inch with a 6.5-inch MF driver and a precision HF titanium compression driver) and two subs (15-inch and 18-inch drivers) are available.
Positioned above the ZLX and Live X families respectively, the ETX Powered Loudspeaker family completes a trio of recent Electro-Voice portable loudspeaker offerings – each of which was designed to bring best-in-class performance to its price point. (Launched at NAMM 2013, ZLX was the most successful Electro-Voice product introduction ever and is now the most successful loudspeaker in its category in the United States.)
The ETX Powered Loudspeaker family extends the award-winning industrial design introduced by Electro-Voice in 2013. Inside each low-profile, tour-grade wood enclosure are a range of unique new features that set the ETX Powered Loudspeaker family apart, combining intelligent technology and innovative industrial design for spectacular results across all applications. EV-engineered high-efficiency transducers and high-powered Class-D amplifiers, Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design and smart FIR-Drive DSP all work together to provide peerless Electro-Voice sound quality and precise coverage at the highest SPLs.
Intelligent technology, innovative design
- EV’s FIR-Drive utilizes the latest Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter technology to optimize transducer linearity. Advanced limiter algorithms for independent peak and thermal transducer protection.
- Complete full-function DSP control via a single-knob interface. LCD screen for easy system set-up and monitoring: location/application EQ presets (e.g. tripod, mounted, suspended, live, music, speech), limiter status, input level controls/meters and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure. Parametric EQ allows for more precise configuration. Subs feature a preset for true cardioid performance.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage across all system configurations. Waveguides are custom-designed and optimized per model.
Superior power and performance
- State-of-the-art components deliver the legendary EV sound quality and reliability the pros trust: 1800 W (subs) and 2000 W (full-range) Class-D power amplifiers with integrated DSP produce high SPLs utilizing high-sensitivity, low-distortion transducers (including DVX and SMX series woofers and precision DH3-B HF titanium compression drivers).
- Lightweight, ergonomic, durable and compact 18-mm, 13-ply birch plywood enclosure finished with EVCoat. Eight mounting points for permanent installations (two-way models). Custom die-cast aluminum pole cups, handles and hardware.
Designed, engineered, tested and assembled for ultimate reliability by Electro-Voice in the USA.
The ETX Powered Loudspeaker family will ship in Spring 2014.